STREET HERO IS WANTED!.
The Local Hero Challenge is a national program for young people aged 14 to 18.
The goal of the program, designed as several different challenges, is to identify, engage, support, and educate local young leaders (heroes) to create change at the local level (within their communities) through a gamified experience. This gemified experience incorporates reflection and personal development at the end of which young people will have the opportunity to receive funding and develop and implement change.
How to give young people the confidence and responsibility to design their lives shape solutions and lead change in their communities?
With this innovative, highly participatory, and gamified model consisting of a series of challenges, young people develop soft skills, learn about their own abilities, raise their self-confidence, and learn about their own values. All of the above results in young people becoming those who will be able to influence the change of their reality and have the opportunity to become proactive participants in society. Not just as citizens, employees, and entrepreneurs, but also as leaders.
Goals to be achieved by the Street Hero project:
- Empower local communities by empowering young people
- Increase youth employment by educating them about the need for soft skills
- Connect young people with a network of local stakeholders and mentors
- Train young people with the skills and tools needed to design and implement projects
- Change the perception of participatory youth budgeting
Characteristics of the ideal candidate to apply for the Street Hero Challenge:
Young people between 14 and 18 who:
- They are active in their community, or they want to become active
- They want to change things, but they’re not sure how
- They want to connect with other young actors to create change together
- They want to continue to acquire additional skills
- They like challenges
The Street Hero project is being implemented with the support of the United States Embassy in Zagreb.
Ø Applications for participation in the Hero Street Challenge are open until February 11, 2021.
Ø Participation in the challenge is FREE.
Ø Details about the challenge can be found on the website.